Monday 15 December 2008

Sunday 14th December - the Christmas story

I haven’t seen a nativity play this year yet, but the simplicity of the story shines through. I remember nativities that the children were in when they were young. The grandchildren are too young yet but it’s something to look forward to.

Stephen also suggests take some child-like delight in what is happening around you. I’m constantly delighted by the simple countryside around us here in Little Hampden - I have to stop and look - and then get my camera out:
























Tomorrow: Christmas lights

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Natasha woke up this morning very excited. She is performing her first of three performances of The Donkey Seller to the school today .Performances to parents are Tues and Wed.
Of course I don't know the whole story but am pleased to say it contains shepherds sheep and a Baby Jesus unlike the nativity my plumbers son took part in last week which he described to me ---a take off of Strictly Come Dancing. Maybe the real message was there somewhere. How do we all feel about alternative nativities?

One of the things I have not agreed with Stephen Cottrell about is the blanket Christmas present.
I try to buy presents to siut the person. Something to make them laugh,help them relax or even stimulate their brain and to be honest I think buying the same present for everyone is a little thoughtless and takes the fun out of it.
Everyone is different. The same applies in our church family. We are a very diverse bunch with different views and ways of worshiping . This sometimes throws up challenges but let's hope with thoughtful prayer and listening to each other we can all move forward in vaguely the same direction and be the disciples we are called to be.