Friday 19 December 2008

Friday 19 December - family and don’t be too serious

As yesterday, I don’t find this too difficult: we are lucky that we all get on very well. I think Christmas will be an enjoyable time - but time will tell. And I don’t think I take things too seriously so no major challenges with this.

Time pressures are still a problem. I failed to contact my friend again today and the ‘to do’ list is not getting any shorter. So a short entry tonight!

Tomorrow: the Christmas story

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Families and Christmas can be a strange combination. I can recognize that for some families having to spend time together for more than a couple of hours will be a nightmare. It is difficult to think of spending time with people who really wish you were not there. I think of those families for whom this is the hardest time of the year. Those who place their faith in the material world and feel that they have failed because they cannot provide. For those mums particularly who try to keep the family together in the hope that the children will have a good time and don't see the cracks in relationships.
I also think of those families who have been bereaved and for whom this Christmas will be very difficult time as they carry a heavy feeling of loss.