Tuesday 9 December 2008

Monday 8 December Alone at Christmas

Difficult: we already support the Old Tea Warehouse in High Wycombe, a hostel for the homeless. We’re on the rota and have given clothing and duvets. I don’t want to be complacent about today’s actions but just giving more doesn’t seem right, either.

Do I know anyone who may be lonely at Christmas? I’m sure there are several: I’ll try to contact them over the next days and see if there’s some way I can help. I still haven’t heard from the friend I e-mailed last week - I’ll try to contact him, too.

Tomorrow: taking time, silence, stillness. This will be a challenge: first day back after a weekend away; 50-odd e-mails (and I’ve deleted the ones trying to sell me something); two PCs to sort out; a PCC meeting in the evening.

1 comment:

From the 'YOOF' office... said...

I think some find solitude and stillness more difficult than others, the way we're wired I guess. I've always found it something of a formed habit to spend time alone, but I know those who would be climbing the walls after 5 minutes! Maybe other things like listening to music are more appropriate for some... As for you David, maybe you could 'bank' the time, but make sure you take it!! Lizzie