Thursday 18 December 2008

Thursday 18 December - family

I liked the George Burns quote but fortunately, we don’t have much too much of a problem with our family - I think. They may not agree completely! I think we are all looking forward to a fairly relaxed Christmas although the little boys may squabble a little over their toys. We shall be doing family things together as well as watching TV and eating but, prompted, by Stephen Cottrell we’ll make sure about this.

Standing back a little, I’m still finding it difficult to do nothing - or do less. I don’t think it’s just bad time management, there’s still a lot to do. Today I received a Christmas card from the friend I e-mailed earlier. I thought ‘I’ll phone him today’ but I haven’t. Perhaps tomorrow. I’m also surprised at the lack of comments: is there anyone out there? I’m finding it useful to record my thoughts but I was hoping to prompt some debate. Perhaps following yesterday’s kindred spirits debate, we’re all too similar.

Tomorrow: more family and taking one’s self less seriously

1 comment:

From the 'YOOF' office... said...

I think Tim must feel a bit like George... although his 'tranquilizers' take the form of games secreted on his laptop... with my Mum and Dad and my Sister staying with us and my Aunt and Uncle appearing for lunch on the day itself can I blame him?! Jobs still need to be done though - I must remember to get him some Marigolds that fit this year!