Tuesday 16 December 2008

Tuesday 16th December - Charity

Difficult to be complacent here again. I already support a number of charities, including at least one that helps the poor. I’ve been supporting Save the Children with an annual standing order for many years. We normally give our winter fuel allowance to charity each year. I also support the RNLI - on the basis that I may call on them myself one day although I hope not.

Click to link to the WWNS web site

I have succeeded in making contact with the Wycombe Winter Night Shelter - see the entries on 8th, 9th and 12th December. I’ve agreed to support them for the next three months - the same time as the shelter is open. I’ve updated my web site and will ask the two or three people I’ve helped in the last week or so to make donations to WWNS.

Click to likn to my web site
If you’d like some help with technology and at the same time support this charity, have a look at my updated web site (
http://www.itfriend.org.uk/) and give me a call. I don’t think I can do anything before Christmas!



Tomorrow: neighbours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought this, coupled with the 17th Dec's message to 'start a conversation with someone you hardly know'go together really well: its quite easy to give money to a Big Issue seller, or indeed a beggar on the street and pass by without saying more than a couple of words. But to strike up a conversation, without sounding a)patronising b) mad - I find quite difficult and self-conscious, for some reason, which is obviously wrong.I'd like to do something about this and there are plenty of opportunities on my walk from Marylebone Stn to work...