Friday 12 December 2008

Thursday 11 December - Drink

I don’t think social drinking is really a problem for me (I would say that, wouldn’t I?) but I can remember the temptation when I was working full-time. The fast is more promising: particularly after a weekend in France. This is something we need to keep in mind over Christmas: be restrained with the food and drink - but anyone reading this is welcome to try one of my cocktails or a glass of wine over Christmas!

One other achievement today: I reached the target of £1000 for Kidney Research from my PC support activities. I’ve e-mailed all the people who have contributed to thank them. I’m hoping I can support the Wycombe Shelter (see Monday and Tuesday 8th and 9th) for the three months they operate.

We’ve at last put up the chocolate-free Advent Calendar - I’ll put a picture here tomorrow.

Tomorrow: the crib.

1 comment:

rosie said...

Many congratulations on reaching the £1000 target -and helping so many people sort their IT problems as well.
Very glad you are supporting the Wycombe Night Shelter. Actually, as well as homelessness, there is a lot more going on under our noses. I recently went to a lecture given by Cherrie Blair about Human Trafficking -modern slavery -and there is a lot of it -even locally. Anyone who thinks going to a lap-dancing club is a bit of harmless fun had better think again. Many of the girls there are not there willingly.